We are seeking dedicated volunteers committed to helping older adults. Bring us your skills and passions and we will match you with an opportunity that works for all.
One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time. The benefits of volunteering include increased self-esteem, improved mental and physical health, lower stress levels, and a sense of purpose.
Individuals and groups are welcome.
Some of our volunteer opportunities are:
- Activity Assistant
- Friendly Caller or Visitor
- Group Leader (e.g., book club, gardening)
- Home Delivered Meals
- Mitzvah Projects
- Performing Arts
- Religious Celebrations
- Other (gift shop, wheelchair transport, cooking, and many more)
Volunteering available at these locations:
- Lieberman Center in Skokie
- Weinberg Community in Deerfield
- Adult Day Services in Evanston and downtown Chicago
- Bernard Horwich Building in Rogers Park
- Robineau Residence in Skokie
During these challenging times, we are busy with our Friendly Calling (during the pandemic) Program. This involves our already vetted volunteers who are reaching out to the clients enrolled in our Home Delivered Meals program. Over the past month, our volunteers are reaching out and connecting with older adults who may otherwise be isolated. We consistently receive positive feedback from all participants—THANK YOU to those involved!