The Entry Group
- Pam Goren has a BS from Brooklyn College where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. She worked in vocational counseling and case management and in the public and private sectors before coming to CJE.
- Chana Sulpar has experience with intake for social services and has been a Therapeutic Activity Specialist, Activity Director and Weekend Manager for residential facilities. She is the point person for administrative support in the Entry Group and has provided staff training. Chana has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from Beloit College.
- Esther Craven has worked for CJE for over 25 years in a variety of roles. She is our SHIP Coordinator, assisting clients as well as providing updates on health insurance topics for staff. She provides assistance at our main Chicago location as well as in the Northwest Suburbs. Esther also works for the Center for Healthy Living at CJE one day per week. Esther has a BS in Family Social Services from Northern Illinois University.
- Sheryl Rubel, LCSW has a Master’s of Social Work with a Mental Health and Gerontology focus from Loyola University Chicago. She has completed internships at Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter and at Elgin Mental Health Center, and formerly worked as a volunteer at Congregation Solel in a variety of capacities. She has been a Resource Specialist since 2014, serving clients at our Chicago office and in Skokie.
- Yelena Abramova is bilingual Russian/English and works with clients at the Chicago Horwich office. Yelena holds a Bachelor’s of Science and has worked with older adults for decades, providing direct care and program supervision. She has been a CJE SeniorLife employee since 1998 and joined the Consumer Assistance department in May 2017. She is a certified SHIP counselor.