- Angel Martinez, MSW, Manager of Consumer Assistance
Angel Martinez is the Manager of Consumer Assistance at CJE SeniorLife. Most recently, he worked as the Manager of one of Alexian Brother’s Transitional Living locations, The Harbor, that offers case management, recovery, occupational therapy and more. He started his career with Alexian Brothers Housing and Health Alliance in 2014 as an intern, transitioning to a Case Manager position, a Senior Case Manager and then becoming Manager. Angel obtained his Master’s degree in Social Work from Loyola University in 2015 and he also has certification as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADC). He began working at CJE in May 2019 and is eager to work toward fulfilling the mission of the organization.
The Entry Group
- Pam Goren has a BS from Brooklyn College where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. She worked in vocational counseling and case management and in the public and private sectors before coming to CJE.
- Chana Sulpar has experience with intake for social services and has been a Therapeutic Activity Specialist, Activity Director and Weekend Manager for residential facilities. She is the point person for administrative support in the Entry Group and has provided staff training. Chana has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from Beloit College.
- Esther Craven has worked for CJE for over 25 years in a variety of roles. She is our SHIP Coordinator, assisting clients as well as providing updates on health insurance topics for staff. She provides assistance at our main Chicago location as well as in the Northwest Suburbs. Esther also works for the Center for Healthy Living at CJE one day per week. Esther has a BS in Family Social Services from Northern Illinois University.
- Kathy Gaeding has worked and volunteered at a variety of non-profit, hospital, and government agencies, providing resources and information to older adults. She has a Master’s degree in Human Services and Counseling from National Louis University and a Certificate in Aging from Boston University’s Institute for Geriatric Social Work. Kathy assists client in our Chicago office and in the Northern Suburbs.
- Reigh Levinstein began working at CJE as an Avodah Service Corps Member after receiving a Bachelor’s of Art from Grinnell College. Rae has been a Consumer Assistance Resource Specialist since 2013, with a focus on serving clients in Chicago.
- Irina Polishchuk is bilingual in English and Russian. She began working for CJE in 1997, doing outreach to clients from the Former Soviet Union. She is experienced in working with resettlement programs, benefits available to new immigrants and refugees, and working with Holocaust Survivors. Irina provides assistance at locations in the North and Northwest Suburbs as well as at our Chicago office.
- Sheryl Rubel, LCSW has a Master’s of Social Work with a Mental Health and Gerontology focus from Loyola University Chicago. She has completed internships at Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter and at Elgin Mental Health Center, and formerly worked as a volunteer at Congregation Solel in a variety of capacities. She has been a Resource Specialist since 2014, serving clients at our Chicago office and in Skokie.
- Yelena Abramova is bilingual Russian/English and works with clients at the Chicago Horwich office. Yelena holds a Bachelor’s of Science and has worked with older adults for decades, providing direct care and program supervision. She has been a CJE SeniorLife employee since 1998 and joined the Consumer Assistance department in May 2017. She is a certified SHIP counselor.