Caesar DeLeo, M.D., a board-certified Cardiologist with over 45 years of practice in heart care and extensive experience in the field of heart failure diagnosis and treatment, heads up the Lieberman Center for Heart Health.
Dr. Caesar DeLeo is a member of the Cardiology Division at NorthShore University HealthSystem. He has spent his career helping patients with heart failure. He is board-certified in Cardiology and Internal Medicine and received his medical training at the University of Florence School of Medicine and Surgery in Florence, Italy. After internships there and at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, he completed his residency at Weiss, and received further Fellowship training at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center.
Our multidisciplinary staff ensures that patients are cared for holistically, with a focus on every aspect of a patient.
Heart Center staff includes these key collaborative members:
- Physiatrist (certified rehabilitation physician)
- Nurse Practioner
- Registered Dietician
- Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Therapists
We work to maintain patients’ medical, physical, psycho-social, spiritual and emotional well-being:
- Rehabilitation therapists who train in exercises that maintain oxygen levels
- Dieticians who teach individual meal planning
- Transitional Care Nurse who coaches and follows up to ease the transition home.
- A Chaplain who focuses on religious and spiritual issues