Our Dialysis Program is for people with Chronic Renal Disease (CRD) who have been undergoing dialysis on a regular basis or for people who are just beginning dialysis as part of their rehabilitation.
There are two types of dialysis available:
- Peritoneal dialysis is performed in the comfort of the patient’s own private suite (Short & Long-term)
- Hemodialysis is performed in an intimate private clinic setting (Short-term Rehab only)
A Dedicated Multidisciplinary Dialysis Team
Dr. George Kim, a board- certified Nephrologist supported by the NorthShore University Medical Group Department of Nephrology, leads the Dialysis Program. With over 15 years of practice, he has gained immense expertise in CRD and hypertension.
The team collaborates so patients get the most out of their dialysis treatments.
- Dialysis Nurse
- Registered Dietician
- Social Worker
- Patient Education
A well-trained, qualified staff educates patient, loved ones and caregivers by
- Helping to train in-home care for dialysis
- Teaching patients how to balance life with dialysis.
- Supporting emotional issues that of the need for dialysis raises
For Physicians and Care Managers
If you need to refer a patient with Chronic Renal Disease to short-term rehab, consider Lieberman Center.
- We provide exceptional post-operative care after elective or non-elective general surgery
- We offer care for many types of complex medical conditions
- All treatments must be administered under a physician's prescription
- Treatments must be observed by the physician or trained individual