Virtual Seminar Series
Stream our four-part Virtual Seminar to learn ‘all the buzz’ about stakeholder engagement in research.
- Discover the value of stakeholder engagement in research.
- Address assumptions and challenges that limit stakeholder-involved research.
- Be informed about innovative projects currently engaging older adults in research.
- Learn more about our Virtual Seminar Series and how to connect with other researchers interested in stakeholder engagement.
Who should watch?
- Researchers in the field of aging and long term supportive services
- Clinicians who work with older adults
- Providers of care or supportive services to older adults
- Students interested in research on aging
- Older adults engaged in research
- Other stakeholder who wish to improve research for those receiving long term supportive services
Why should you watch?
- Expand your conceptualization of research stakeholders
- Explore the idea of engaging non-researchers in research process, from design through implementation
- Explore a range of possibilities for this type of engagement
- Become aware of the potential benefits and challenges of this type of engagement
- Identify principles and strategies for finding and engaging non-researchers
- Identify principles and strategies for engaging older adults living in different long term supportive settings
- Identify challenges and strategies for engaging hard to reach older adult populations.
- Be prepared for future opportunities to engage older adults and other non-researchers.
- Improve the relevancy of your research design, methods, and results!
For further information, articles, and resources on engagement, see our resource list.
Watch our Virtual Seminars to learn about stakeholder engagement in research.
- Community Engaged Research: Learning from the Bureau of Sages. Hosted by UT Health San Antonio and funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (10725-UTHSC)
- Part I: Engaging Stakeholders in Research
- Part II: Recognizing and Addressing Common Challenges to Engagement in Research
- Part III: Bureau of Sages Opportunities
- Part IV: Deeper Dive on Engaging Frail Elders and Individuals from Diverse Backgrounds
Twitter Chat: Stay tuned for our next Chat Date
Follow us on Twitter @BureauofSages
The Bureau of Sages is a research advisory group comprised of older adults receiving Long Term Supports & Services (LTSS).