CJE SeniorLife’s mission of enhancing the lives of older adults is based on the Jewish values of respect, advocacy, compassion, intention, innovation, and accountability.
We know that a healthy spiritual life is the foundation of the well-being of older adults and their positive aging.
Guided by our Jewish values of respect, advocacy, compassion, intention, innovation, and accountability, we follow a holistic model in serving our older adults and their families, providing for the needs of the entire person—mind, body, and spirit.
We also acknowledge and respect the broad spectrum of religious needs and preferences of clients, residents, and their families.
Weinberg Community for Senior Living has a strong tradition of spiritual care, and is proud to offer:
- Rabbinically-approved kosher dining and catering.
- A full-time Rabbi/Chaplain to provide spiritual care in the form of:
- Shabbat and Jewish holiday celebrations
- Jewish cultural programs and entertainment
- Judaic classes, lectures, and discussions
- Services and ritual needs for individuals of other faiths
Spiritual and Pastoral Care provided by our Rabbi/Chaplain
- Is clinically trained and certified in pastoral care
- Attends to the spiritual and religious needs of ALL CJE's clients and residents, regardless of faith or cultural background.
- Is available to listen and offer emotional support for
Individuals and families who are experiencing the challenges of illness, healing, and bereavement
Individuals in the process of personal spiritual reflection
Our rabbi/chaplain assists in:
- Exploring decisions involving ethical issues
- Offering grief and bereavement support
- Facilitating family discussions
- Advocating for the cultural and religious needs of clients and residents
For more information about spiritual life at CJE SeniorLife, please contact CJE SeniorLine at 773.508.1000.