CHICAGO, December 30, 2020 – The leadership of CJE SeniorLife elected a new slate of officers for the 2020 fiscal year at the organization’s 48th Annual Meeting held on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at Tamarisk NorthShore, a CJE managed community in Deerfield.
New and returning members of the Board of Directors, each slated for a three-year term:
- Mitch Lifson, of Highland Park, is the Vice President for Policy at Voices for Illinois Children, an Illinois child advocacy group powered by YWCA Metropolitan Chicago. Previously, he was a Senior Policy Analyst with the organization and has more than 25 years of experience in state and local government, nonprofits, and journalism. His professional experience includes working as a policy and legislative adviser for the Illinois Department of Revenue and serving as Deputy Director of the Policy and Budget Staff for the Illinois Senate Democratic Caucus. An expert in government affairs, he has a great affinity for the work of CJE.
- Kenneth F. Lorch, of Wilmette, is the managing partner in the Chicago law firm Hamilton Thies & Lorch LLP. Ken concentrates his practice in business and financial planning, estate administration, and estate litigation. He has served on the Boards of the Anti-Defamation League, the American Society of the Technion, the Chicago Council on Planned Giving, and Temple Jeremiah and is a member of the Legacies and Endowments, the Professional Advisory, and the Philanthropic Funds Committees of the Jewish United Fund. On the CJE Board, Ken has served as chair of the Development, Marketing, and Financial Assistance Committees, a co-chair of Celebrate CJE, and member of the Executive and Braun Committees. He is a former Vice Chair and is the President of the CJE Agency Endowment.
- Howard Stone, CPA, CFE, JD, of Glencoe, is Senior Partner at Stone, McGuire, and Siegel, PC, and an accomplished litigator with extensive experience in both civil and white-collar criminal defense as well as health care and health care administrative law. In private practice for over 40 years, Howard has focused on defending health care providers in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General. Howard has also worked tirelessly on behalf of older Americans, joining with Dr. Morton Creditor to establish a geriatric research program at the University of Illinois, where he’s served as President of the Fund for Gerontology Research.
- Rabbi Carl Wolkin, of Northbrook, retired after 35 years as the Senior Rabbi of Congregation Beth Shalom in Northbrook, and continues to serve the congregation as Rabbi Emeritus. He previously served as Associate Rabbi of Temple Israel of Great Neck, and is a graduate of the Center for Rabbinic Enrichment of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem. He presently serves on the boards at JUF and Rochelle Zell Jewish High School, and was the President of the Community Mikvah of the Conservative Movement from its inception in 1998 until 2016. He received the 2016 Rabbi Mordecai Simon Memorial Award from the Chicago Board of Rabbis.
The following individuals have been nominated as Officers:
- Marc L. Berman, Board Chair
- Michael Saltzman, Vice Chair
- Terri Freeman, Secretary
- James M. Feldman, Treasurer
The following individuals have been nominated to the Board of Directors for a three-year term:
- Charles M. Bley
- James M. Feldman
- Terri Freeman
- Vern Gideon
- David Macknin
- Vicki Pines
- Susan Ringel Segal
- Abbe Temkin
- Mitch Lifson
- Howard Stone
- Kenneth F. Lorch
- Rabbi Carl Wolkin
For a full listing of current CJE SeniorLife Board Members, please visit www.cje.net/about-us/cje-senior-leadership/board-members.
To read or download CJE’s 2020 annual report, please visit www.cje.net/about-us/annual-report.
Photo: (From left) CJE SeniorLife’s President & CEO Dan Fagin with Board Chair Marc L. Berman at the organization’s 47th Annual Meeting in 2019. Photo credit Rich Master Photography, Inc.
Since 1972, CJE SeniorLife has enhanced the lives of older adults and their families through an innovative, comprehensive network that includes life enrichment programs, supportive resources, healthcare, research and education. CJE is a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community. For more information about CJE services, call 773.508.1000 or visit www.cje.net.
Contact: Nicole Bruce