CHICAGO, December 30, 2019 – The leadership of CJE SeniorLife elected a new slate of officers for the 2020 fiscal year at the organization’s 47th Annual Meeting held on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at Weinberg Community for Senior Living in Deerfield.
New members of the Board of Directors, each slated for a three-year term:
- Julia Bikbova, of Chicago, is Principal Attorney at Bikbova Law Offices, P.C. in Chicago and Northbrook. She has handled dozens of cases on a pro bono basis on issues of benefits, housing, and immigration for Russian-speaking Holocaust survivors, including as a volunteer for CJE and Chicago Association of Veterans of WWII, and is committed to creating a free legal clinic to help survivors with a myriad of legal issues.
- Nicole Katz, of Deerfield, has experience in eldercare as the former Director of Marketing and Sales for Montgomery Place Retirement Community and through her previous work in marketing and sales for Brookdale Retirement Communities. She is also the former Director of Education for the Israel consulate in Chicago and previously served as a campaign co-chair of JUF’s Young Women’s Board.
- Sandra Lerner, of Glenview, is a marketing consultant for Traycee Home Care, and, before retiring in 2013, was the founder and President and CEO of Comprehensive Therapeutics, Ltd., a rehabilitation management and staffing company employing over 350 professional therapists and serving over 400 healthcare providers in Illinois. She currently serves on the Alumni Board of the School of Allied Health at the University of Illinois and Gilda’s Club Chicago board, and also volunteers at NorthShore Glenbrook Hospital.
- Sylvia Novick, of Northbrook, is a retired financial executive. She was previously Director of Finance and Administration at The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and Chief Financial Officer for the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. She is a current member of Na’Amat, the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, Simon Wiesenthal Center, and member and past Vice President of Northbrook Community Synagogue.
- Kyle Stone, of Deerfield, is the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Concerto Renal Services, a multi-state dialysis provider based in Lincolnwood. Prior to joining Concerto, he served as General Counsel of the Illinois Department of Public Health. He has embraced leadership roles as a Deerfield Library Board Trustee and member of the Board of Directors for CityPAC, and is a current member of JUF’s Health and Human Services Commission and participated in JUF’s 2019 Jewish Leaders Institute cohort.
- Don Trossman, of Glencoe, is a real estate finance executive and has financed commercial real estate for over 45 years. For the past 20 years, he’s worked for Cohen Financial, a division of SunTrust Bank. He was also the President and Board Chairman of Jewish Child and Family Services, a recipient of the Irving B. Harris Leadership Award, and is also a United States Air Force Veteran.
- Sarah Warren, of Skokie, is a Healthcare Consultant with a Healthcare Consultant with Navigant Consulting, a Guidehouse company. She has also worked at the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati and CenterLight Healthcare in New York. Sarah initially joined the CJE Associate Board and now the CJE Board because she is passionate about CJE’s ability to advocate for and enable older adults to age in place, and also provide facilities in our community to care for them when living at home is no longer an option.
The following individuals have been nominated as Officers:
- Marc L. Berman, Board Chair
- Charles M. Bley, Vice Chair
- Terri Freeman, Secretary
- James M. Feldman, Treasurer
The following individuals have been nominated to the Board of Directors for a three-year term:
- Marc L. Berman
- Samuel P. Brilliant
- Alan M. Ellenby
- Jeffrey Graff
- Michael Schultz
For a full listing of current CJE SeniorLife Board Members, please visit www.cje.net/about-us/cje-senior-leadership/board-members.
To read or download CJE’s 2019 annual report, please visit www.cje.net/about-us/annual-report.
Photo Caption: (From left) CJE SeniorLife’s President & CEO Dan Fagin with newly nominated Board Chair Marc L. Berman at the organization’s 47th Annual Meeting. Photo credit Rich Master Photography, Inc.
Since 1972, CJE SeniorLife has enhanced the lives of older adults and their families through an innovative, comprehensive network that includes life enrichment programs, supportive resources, healthcare, research and education. CJE is a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community. For more information about CJE services, call 773.508.1000 or visit www.cje.net.
Contact: Nicole Bruce