CHICAGO, November 2, 2017 – The leadership of CJE SeniorLife recently elected a new slate of officers for the 2018 fiscal year at the organization’s 45th Annual Meeting on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at Weinberg Community for Senior Living in Deerfield.
New members of the Board of Directors, each slated for a three-year term:
- David Macknin, of Highland Park, is currently the President & CEO of Alper Services, an insurance, benefits, and risk management firm. He also serves on the board for JVS Chicago and is a member of the JUF King David Society and Executive Officer/President of the Lakeside Congregation for Reform Judaism.
- Nancy Shalowitz, of Deerfield, is the General Counsel and Assistant Dean for Human Resources at The John Marshall Law School. She also volunteers on the West Deerfield Township Grant Review Board and is active on a number of legal committees and associations, including the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys.
- Abbe Temkin, of Chicago, is currently the Director of Major & Planned Gifts at The Chicago Community Trust. She also serves on the board for Rebecca’s Dream and is a member of Chicago Women in Philanthropy, Chicago Estate Planning Council, Chicago Council for Planned Giving, Association of Fundraising Professionals, and National Center on Family Philanthropy. She volunteers for Chicago Area Runners Association and Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
The following individuals have been nominated as Officers:
- Kalman Wenig, Board Chair
- Marc L. Berman, Vice Chair
- Marci L. Shapiro, Secretary
- James M. Feldman, Treasurer
The following individuals have been nominated to the Board of Directors for a three-year term:
- Charles M. Bley
- James M. Feldman
- Terri Freeman
- Vern Gideon
- Mary R. Kaltman
- Margo Fried Oberman
- Vicki Pines
- Susan Ringel Segal
- Marci L. Shapiro
- Dianne Tesler
For a full listing of current CJE SeniorLife Board Members, please visit http://www.cje.net/about-us/cje-senior-leadership/board-members.
To read or download our annual report, please visit http://www.cje.net/about-us/annual-report.
Photo Caption: (From left) CJE’s newly nominated Board Chair Kalman Wenig with President & CEO Mark D. Weiner at CJE’s 45th Annual Meeting on October 17, 2017. Newly nominated Officers of CJE’s Board of Directors not pictured: Marc L. Berman, Vice Chair; Marci L. Shapiro, Secretary; and James M. Feldman, Treasurer. Photo credit Rich Master Photography, Inc.
Photo Caption: President & CEO Mark D. Weiner shares CJE’s latest Annual Report at the organization’s 45th Annual Meeting. Photo credit Rich Master Photography, Inc.
Since 1972, CJE SeniorLife has enhanced the lives of older adults and their families through an innovative, comprehensive network that includes life enrichment programs, supportive resources, healthcare, research and education. CJE is a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community. For more information about CJE services, call 773.508.1000 or visit www.cje.net.
Contact: Nicole Bruce