by Mary Keen
1. CHOOSE AN ORGANIZATION THAT IS MEANINGFUL TO YOU
CJE touches the hearts of thousands of older adults and their families throughout Chicagoland.
2. CONSIDER WHY YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER
Are you watching too much TV and want to “give back”? It’s time to volunteer!
3. START SMALL
Don’t try to take on the whole organization even though you want to.
4. EXPLAIN YOUR SKILLS TO VOLUNTEER STAFF
If you are a computer whiz, try volunteering as a Tech Buddy!
5. VOLUNTEER TO DO TASKS THAT SUIT YOUR INTERESTS
Love exercise? So do our residents.
6. GET TO KNOW STAFF AND HOW THEY SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS
Our President & CEO loves to thank volunteers at appreciation events.
7. GET TRAINING
CJE has a volunteer training program designed to help you get started.
8. GIVE FROM YOUR HEART AND GET LOTS OF SMILES!
If you have a talent or interest you’d like to share let us know!
Contact Volunteer Services at 847.929.3040 or email@example.com
Time commitments are variable so we welcome your call, regardless of how much you can participate.
Our needs are great and our older clients need assistance throughout the day, seven days a week!