Looking to get stronger and more fit? Sign up for free Zoom-based exercise classes here: tinyurl.com/otagoclasses
Otago is an evidence-based strength and balance group exercise class, offered free on Zoom. All of the exercises can be modified for different fitness levels. Otago meets 1x/week for 8 weeks. Each class is 30 minutes long. You don't have to turn on your camera to join in and no equipment is needed. Registering after a session has started is okay - you can join in any time.
This class is offered specifically for members of the LGBTQ community, or those living with HIV, as well as their friends and allies.
Why should you participate?
- Exercise improves your physical health: strength, endurance, and flexibility
- People living with HIV may have conditions like neuropathy or fatigue that can be improved with exercise
- Participating in exercise, especially in a group, improves mood and reduces depression and anxiety
Otago classes are offered at these times:
- Tuesdays 11:00-11:30 am CT: Otago (Starts October 11th, for 8 weeks)
- Fridays 3:00-3:30 pm CT: Otago (Starts October 14th, for 8 weeks)
Questions? Contact Andy Rapoport: 773.508.1055 or email@example.com
These evidence-based exercises programs are offered for free through CJE SeniorLife's Research Institute through a grant provided by the Administration for Community Living. For more information about CJE SeniorLife, visit www.cje.net.