“The test of a people is how it behaves toward the old.”
Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
Thank you for considering volunteering for CJE SeniorLife in celebration of your bar or bat mitzvah. Volunteering is an opportunity to live the Jewish values of repairing the world and showing compassion. Together we can find a project that speaks to your talents, passions, and interests.
We look forward to meeting you to explore potential projects such as:
- Assisting with games, activities, or events.
- Leading or assisting with kiddush and shabbat services.
- Playing musical instruments, dancing, singing, etc.
- Preparing decorations, birthday gift bags, centerpieces, prizes, or greeting cards for holidays or events.
- Organizing a fundraiser to benefit CJE or funds to sponsor an event or celebration at a residence.
We welcome other ideas and encourage you to think about projects that call upon your special skills and interests. We look forward to working with you.