As a person ages, it is important to have support. Significant changes can have a major impact on a senior's attitude, energy level and mental health.
These changes and adjustments often include:
- A move to a new senior community or other setting
- Changes in one’s own health
- End of life issues
- Death of a loved one
Counseling with a skilled therapist who specializes in issues relevant to older adults can help individuals identify, understand, and work through their emotional responses to major life transitions.
If an older adult is experiencing any of the following symptoms, counseling could be helpful.
- Inability to relax
- Difficulty concentrating
- Avoiding social situations and friends
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Loss of interest or pleasure in life and activities
- Feeling irritable or angry
- Difficulty with relationships
- Feeling that life isn’t worth living
Medicare, Insurance and Private Pay
Individual Counseling is covered by Medicare and private insurance.
Home visits are available on the Northside of Chicago and in the surrounding suburbs.
- CJE Main Offices, 3003 W. Touhy Ave., Chicago, IL
- Weinberg Community Center, 1551 Lake Cook Rd., Deerfield, IL
Services are also available in Russian and Spanish.
To schedule a first appointment or to make a referral, please call 773.508.1000.