Emergency Department visits can be disruptive and take a damaging toll on older adults, especially those with dementia. EDEN volunteers provide a calming influence and improve communication during an Emergency Department visit.
As an EDEN Volunteer you will provide the compassion and we will provide FREE training in all of the following:
- Common health issues among older adults, with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders
- Listening & communicating with patients & medical personnel
- A walking tour of Glenbrook Hospital’s Emergency Department
- Stress reduction techniques & applications for persons with Dementia
- Patient advocacy
- Confidentiality and Ethics
For more details and to RSVP for the training, please contact Rachel Lessem at 773.508.1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click thumbnail below to download flyer
Glenbrook Hospital Emergency Dept.
2100 Pfingsten Road
Glenview, IL 60026