Since its inception in the early 1970s, CJE has been at the forefront of providing counseling services to older adults, their family members and caregivers.
CJE Counseling Services is staffed by a team of highly-skilled Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) who are specialists in the field of mental health services for seniors.
Services are available as home or office visits.
CJE Counseling Services is dedicated to helping older adults:
- Improve their mental and emotional health and well-being
- Find more effective ways to manage the difficult life situations that can sometimes occur
Our Clinicians assist clients with:
- Addressing symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss
- Recovery from trauma
- Changes in health and chronic illness
- Transitions to retirement
- Changes in relationships
- Financial difficulties
- Other stresses related to coping with the challenges of aging
We offer a full range of older adult behavioral health services:
- Individual Supportive Counseling
- Psychotherapy and Support Groups
- Family and Caregiver Support
- We work in conjunction with geriatric psychiatrists who may prescribe medications
Adults age 60 and older (sometimes 55 and older, depending on insurance).
Medicare, Insurance and Private Pay
- Medicare pays 80% of the cost of covered sessions; supplemental insurance may cover the balance.
- CJE SeniorLife is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois Preferred Provider Organization (PPO).
- Other forms of insurance such as Medicare Advantage Plans accepted (out of network copays or coinsurance may apply).
- For caregivers under age 60, private pay therapy at CJE SeniorLife is also an option.
CJE Counseling Services Locations:
- Home visits are available on the Northside of Chicago and in the surrounding suburbs.
- Bernard Horwich Building, 3003 W. Touhy Ave, Chicago, IL 60645 (See Map/Get Directions)
- Weinberg Community, 1551 Lake Cook Rd, Deerfield, IL 60015 (See Map/Get Directions)
In addition to mental health services for seniors, we frequently provide professional training opportunities.