Our talented, experienced and compassionate team of social workers collaborates with and empowers older adults in our community, promoting their safety and wellbeing so they may live independently as long as possible.
We focus on people’s strengths and use an individualized approach to enable older adults to maximize their available resources – while coordinating additional care and support where needed – with the goal of promoting independent, positive aging.
Our professional team of Care Managers provides solutions through resources such as:
- Home care services to promote living independently
- Tasks may include dressing, bathing, grooming, medication reminders, housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping, laundry and transportation
- Healthcare management, including assisting in improving functional health status by coordinating medical care
- Housing options, including assisting with searching for appropriate and affordable housing and moving
- Organization, including budgeting, sorting mail and paying bills
- Socialization opportunities to contribute to health and wellbeing
- Referrals to life enrichment and supportive services based on individual needs
- Examples include home delivered meals; counseling services; healthcare and social service benefits assistance; legal; chaplaincy; and adult day services offered through CJE SeniorLife’s constellation of care and community partners
How does CJE Care Management work?
We will schedule an in-home visit to meet with you. During the visit, we will speak with you to get a comprehensive understanding of your strengths – what is going well – in addition to your individual needs as part of our assessment. We encourage you to include any family members or caregivers in our visit, if you wish.
Next, we will work with you to co-create a customized care plan to meet your goals. Our care plans may include services such as home care services, home-delivered meals, and referrals to many other services at CJE SeniorLife and beyond to promote your health and wellbeing. Your dedicated Care Manager will monitor your plan and meet with you monthly in your home to determine what is working well, and what you may wish to change. Throughout our relationship, we will provide advocacy, options and guidance to assist you in achieving your goals.
Who is eligible for CJE Care Management?
Our CJE Care Management program is available for adults age 60 and older who reside in the community. Our program covers the City of Chicago’s north side, and many near-north, northwest and far north suburbs.
- There are income and asset requirements for our program:
- Annual income below $31,225 (for a single person) and $42,275 (for couples)
- Assets below $75,000 (single person) and below $150,000 (couple)
- Our Home Care services use a cost-sharing approach. For individuals with income below $18,735, an individual’s cost for home care services is $4.00 per hour; for individuals with income ranging from $18,736 - $31,235, the individual’s cost for home care services is $7.00 per hour.
If your income or assets are outside these criteria, there are other ways CJE SeniorLife can serve you, as we offer more than 35 programs and services. Please call 773.508.1000, or contact us online to learn more.
How can I get started with CJE Care Management?
Please call 773.508.1000 and mention our Care Management program, or contact us online. Our trained staff will review your eligibility for our program in addition to alternative services, and one of our Care Managers will contact you to set up an appointment for a home visit where we will get a comprehensive understanding of your strengths, and what is going well, in addition to your individual needs as part of our assessment.
How does CJE Care Management provide these services?
CJE Care Management is made possible through the generosity of the Albert & Lucille Delighter & Marcella Winston Foundation, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago Fund for Innovation in Health, The Crown Family Foundation and the Bernard Heerey Family Foundation.
What are the benefits of CJE Care Management?
In its first year of operation, CJE Care Management has already served more than 250 older adults in the community, successfully connecting more than 40 individuals with home care services, more than 20 people with home delivered meals, and 25 older adults with socialization programming.
Most importantly, the older adults we serve have been overwhelmingly enthusiastic about CJE Care Management.
Our initial participant satisfaction survey shows:
- 100% of participants felt CJE Care Management improved their situation
- 95% were satisfied with CJE Care Management services
- 100% would recommend CJE Care Management to others
Call 773.508.1000 and ask about the CJE Care Management Program.
Established through the generosity of The Albert and Lucille Delighter and Marcella Winston Foundation and Bernard Heerey Family Foundation, CJE Care Management provided 250 holistic in-home assessments for persons at home in the community. Through the Care Management Program, 41 individuals received home care services. Also, 21 individuals signed up to receive Home-Delivered Meals to make sure that their nutrition needs were being met. Finally, volunteers in our Friendly Caller Program were referred by Care Managers to 25 persons who received friendly calls to help decrease their isolation and increase socialization.