Our talented, experienced and compassionate team of social workers collaborates with and empowers older adults in our community so they may live independently for as long as possible.
We are professional master’s level social workers who are Certified Care Managers with the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) and have extensive expertise and skills in aspects of aging.
Together, we maximize older adults’ independence—supporting health, safety and well-being, and fostering dignity and quality of life—creating peace of mind for all.
We use a holistic, person-centered approach to offer older adults and their families support, guidance, referrals and direct services.
What We Do:
- Conduct a comprehensive in-home social work assessment of an older adult’s strengths, health, personal capabilities, support systems, environmental safety, and their financial and legal situation.
- Collaboratively develop a personalized care plan. Implement, monitor, and modify as needed.
- Facilitate referrals for in-home caregiver agencies and maintain oversight to ensure optimal care.
- Respect the older adult and family’s right to self-determination in all areas of assessment and care plan development.
- Assist and advocate for older adults and their families in navigating complex medical systems; offering the ability to join medical, dental or specialty appointments.
- Provide ongoing communication with those involved in older adult’s day-to-day life.
- Coordinate with older adult and family members in planning and managing neurocognitive conditions, as well as end-of-life issues.
- Guide in admission or discharge during transitions to and from hospital, rehab, and home.
- Address family caregiver stress through education, advocacy, referrals to Adult Day Services, respite care, and caregiver support groups.
- Coordinate internal referrals within CJE programs, such as Counseling, Benefits, Food Services, Legal Services, and Financial Assistance.
- Facilitate referrals to professionals, including medical; home safety; transportation; money management; organizing and decluttering; moving assistance; housing; and end-of-life care.
- Provide compassionate, caring emotional support for older adults and their families.
How Our Service Works:
- For those new to our program, a phone intake consultation will be conducted to give preliminary recommendations and resource referrals. Finances will also be assessed for eligibility for the program.
- Once eligibility is determined, a care manager will follow up directly and an in-home visit can be scheduled to meet with you.
- During the visit, we will speak with you to get a comprehensive understanding of your strengths, in addition to your individual needs as part of our assessment. We encourage you to include any family members or caregivers in our visit, if you wish.
- We can then collaborate with you on a customized care plan to meet your goals. Your care manager will work with you to monitor your care plan and can meet with you in your home regularly to determine what is working well, and what you may wish to change. Throughout our relationship, we will provide advocacy, options and guidance to assist you in achieving your goals.
For Older Adults Who:
Are age 60 and older who reside in the community, within program boundaries including the City of Chicago’s north side and many near-north, northwest and far north suburbs, and have the following income and assets:
- Income below $33,975 (single person) and $45,775 (couple)
- Assets below $75,000 (single person) and below $150,000 (couple)
- For those who qualify for CM services, cost-share home care services are available based on assessment and financial eligibility.
For Older Adults Who Exceed The Above Financial Criteria:
If your income and assets are in excess of the above criteria, we offer social work (care management) services on a fee-for-service basis:
Our fees are:
- $150 per hour for advocacy/care management services, billed in 5-minute increments, and invoiced monthly.
- $75 per hour for shopping services, billed in 5-minute increments and invoiced monthly.
- We do not charge for mileage to/from older adult visits/appointments.
- We do charge for transportation/parking expenses while accompanying older adult via any mode of transportation, and for any requested shopping expenses for medical, household or other incidental needs. These charges are added to the monthly invoice.
To Get Started with CJE Care Management Services:
Please call 773.508.1000 and mention our Care Management Services program or contact us online (below).
CJE Care Management Services are made possible through the generosity of the Albert & Lucille Delighter & Marcella Winston Foundation.
The older adults we serve have been overwhelmingly enthusiastic about our program. Our most recent satisfaction survey shows:
- 100% of participants felt our program improved their situation
- 95% were satisfied with our program’s services
- 100% would recommend our program to others