Our talented, experienced and compassionate team of social workers collaborates with and empowers older adults in our community so they may live independently for as long as possible.
We are professional social workers and have extensive expertise and skills in aspects of aging.
Together, we support older adults’ independence—health, safety and well-being, and fostering dignity and quality of life.
We use a holistic, person-centered approach to offer older adults and their families support, guidance, referrals and direct services.
What We Do:
- Conduct an in-person consultation to identify needs.
- Collaboratively develop personalized goals. Implement, monitor, and modify as needed.
- Provide ongoing communication with those involved in older adult’s day-to-day life.
- Coordinate with older adult and family members in planning for future care needs.
- Guide in admission or discharge during transitions to and from hospital, rehab, and home.
- Address family caregiver stress through education, advocacy, referrals to Adult Day Services, and connections for respite care and caregiver support groups.
- Coordinate internal referrals within CJE programs, such as Counseling, Benefits, Food Services, Legal Services, and Financial Assistance.
- Facilitate referrals to professionals, including medical; home safety; transportation; money management; organizing and decluttering; moving assistance; housing; and end-of-life care.
- Provide compassionate, caring emotional support for older adults and their families.
How Our Service Works:
- For those new to our program, a phone intake will be conducted to give preliminary recommendations and resource referrals. Finances will also be assessed for eligibility for the program.
- Once eligibility is determined, a care manager will follow up directly and an in-home visit can be scheduled to meet with you.
- During the visit, we will speak with you to gain an understanding of your strengths and needs. We encourage you to include any family members or caregivers in our visit, if you wish.
- We can then collaborate with you on a customized plan to meet your goals. Throughout our relationship, we will provide advocacy, options and guidance to assist you.
For Older Adults Who:
- Are age 60 and over
- Reside in the community within program boundaries (Northside of Chicago and the Near North, Northwest and Far North Suburbs)
- Have liquid assets under $300,000
For Older Adults Who Exceed The Above Financial Criteria:
If your assets are in excess of the above criteria, we offer social work (care management) services on a fee-for-service basis:
- $150 per hour for advocacy/care management services, billed in 5-minute increments, and invoiced monthly.
- $75 per hour for shopping services, billed in 5-minute increments and invoiced monthly.
- We do not charge for mileage to/from older adult visits/appointments.
- We do charge for transportation/parking expenses while accompanying older adult via any mode of transportation, and for any requested shopping expenses for medical, household or other incidental needs. These charges are added to the monthly invoice.
To Get Started with CJE Care Management Services:
Please call 773.508.1000 and mention our Care Management Services program or contact us online (below).
The older adults we serve have been overwhelmingly enthusiastic about our program. Our most recent satisfaction survey shows:
- 100% of participants felt our program improved their situation
- 98% were satisfied with our program’s services
- 100% would recommend our program to others
*CJE Care Management Services are made possible through the generosity of the Albert & Lucille Delighter & Marcella Winston Foundation.